Visiting Professor in Australian Studies 2020-21 or 2021-22 (two terms) at Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Centre for Pacific and American Studies, The University of Tokyo: Applications close at 5pm on 18 October 2019.
- The Visiting Professorship in Australian Studies was created in 1999 by the Centre for Pacific and American Studies, The University of Tokyo, to promote a deeper understanding of Australia and its regional engagement. The position is supported by the Australia-Japan Foundation.
- Applications are invited from highly qualified Australians with significant academic or public achievement in the fields of Australian studies, history, cultural studies, politics, literary studies, international relations and other relevant areas across the humanities and social sciences. The Visiting Professor in Australian Studies is required to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels; to present conference papers; to conduct research; and to participate in promoting Australian Studies within Japan.
- A full position description and application procedures are available at here.
- The selection process is managed by Professor Kate Darian-Smith on behalf of the International Studies Association (InASA). For any further information contact: Professor Kate Darian-Smith email: email@example.com
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Grade 1, 113623) at Griffith University - Centre for Governance and Public Policy: Closing date: 30 September 2019 at 5pm AEST.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Political Science or closely related field. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to publish in leading international publications. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision to meet competing deadlines, and work effectively as a team member.
- Obtain the position description by clicking on the link. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
- All applications must be submitted online.
Research Fellowship at Western Sydney University - recruiting 50 of the top performing early and mid-career researchers, nationally and internationally, over the next five years through our new Vice Chancellor’s Fellowship Scheme.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Gender, Justice and Security: Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 8 October (Sydney time)
- Join the exciting UKRI GCRF Gender, Justice and Security Hub and network with leading scholars from across the world
- Camperdown Campus
- Academic Level B, fixed term from February 2020 until June 2023, part-time (0.5 FTE) salary: $53K to $63K plus leave loading and generous superannuation
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
PhD positions at Monash: Governance of sustainable energy and campaign promises in Australia - Two specific opportunities that have arisen, where Monash Uni has made available scholarships for students from Australia or New Zealand (citizens or permanent residents):
- A multidisciplinary program on access to sustainable energy (more information at: https://www.monash.edu/memsi/initiatives/sustainable-energy-access)
- Comparative Party Pledges Project. (For specific enquiries, please contact Prof. Robert Thomson firstname.lastname@example.org )
Harvard Chair - Harvard University wishes to appoint a distinguished scholar to the Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser Chair in Australian Studies for the 2021–2022 academic year. Harvard encourages applications from those in mid-career as well as those further advanced, and it strongly encourages applications from women and under-represented groups.
Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2019. Final notification will be made by February 2020. More information at: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/9096
Jobs at Government and Internatioanl Relations at Flinders - There are a whole range of jobs in political science to apply for, with the full listing here: http://jobs.flinders.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Legal Internships Opportunities - Internship Nepal welcomes students and professional from around the world (website)