APSA 2018 Postgraduate Travel Awards
APSA strongly encourages postgraduate participation in its annual conference. In addition to subsidised registration fees, APSA has in the past offered up to six postgraduate travel awards (of up to $1,000 each) to assist postgraduate students meet the cost of attending the annual conference.
This year, as an acknowledgement of the size and scope of the IPSA / APSA / OCIS World Congress, APSA is making available an extra four 2018 Postgraduate Travel Awards, bringing the total number to ten.
Postgraduate travel awards will be determined on the basis of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a member of APSA (or in the process of joining at the time of applying for the Award).
- The amount granted will normally be to assist with travel expenses and registration fees.
- Applicants must be presenting a paper at the conference, and must have already had their proposal/abstract accepted.
- A written paper must be submitted by Friday 1 June, 2018.
- Applicants must have sought funding support from their home Department or School.
- Priority will be determined on an as-needs basis.
- Priority will be given to postgraduates who have not previously been awarded travel or other financial support from APSA.
How to apply:
Applications need to be made in a covering letter and emailed to the Conference Convenors by 1 June, 2018.
In your application letter, please include:
- Contact Details
- Abstract Title
- Copy of Abstract
- Copy of Full Paper
- Applications will be assessed by members of the APSA 2018 Annual Conference Local Organising Committee in consultation with the APSA National Executive.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 18 June, 2018.
Successful candidates will be reimbursed following the conference upon submission of all relevant receipts to the APSA National Office.
If you have any questions about these awards, please email Lisa MacKinney at the APSA National Office.